Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm moving to Japan!

I'm moving to Japan!

I am flying from Calgary to Tokyo on April 30. 10 hour flight! Then I fly for another 2 hours from Tokyo to Fukuoka where I will be staying overnight at the Best Western hotel. The next day I will take the train to Shunan, the city I will be living in for the next year. Here is a link with some info about Shunan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%ABnan,_Yamaguchi

I will be working for the Shunan English School (SES), as an English language teacher for a year. Here is a link to their website that I have translated to English for you. Click on "FAQ For Teachers" if you want more details of what I'm getting into:
http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=ja|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-ses.jp%2F

 Also here is a map location of exactly where I will be working and living nearby:



View Larger Map

I have one last full day in Swift Current tomorrow.  I'm am feeling quite anxious and trying to think of anything else that I may need to prepare. This has been making it difficult to sleep ahahahaahha

ROAR!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome, B! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Japan. Best of luck with everything

    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO as i write this you probably still feel like a fish out of water and may in fact be wondering "what the hell you got yourself into?".
    but that feeling more than likely will subside as you get used to everything and become more and more glad to be out of Swift Current!!!

    so glad you sent me a link to your blog!!! i wish you nothing but the best this year and look forward to all your stories!!!

    your old Pizza Hut Friend: Chelsea

    ReplyDelete